Shira Hadasha has a separate gemach (gemilut hasadim) fund, derived from donations received specifically for this purpose and from sales of the Shira Hadasha CDs. The gemach fund is meant for small loans to people with specific needs in accordance with the following guidelines:
- The Gemach is intended for members of Shira Hadasha and/or others for whom kehilla members are willing to serve as guarantors. The Gemach will consider providing loans for the following purposes: medical expenses, help in covering cost of smahot, assistance in setting up a small business, education and unexpected financial crisis.
- Each loan will be limited to NIS 5,000. Return of each loan is expected to be within a year from the date it was granted.
- In addition to administering loans, the Gemach will be permitted to collect and distribute donations and make donations three times a year: on the eve of the Yamim Noraim, Matanot L’Evyonim on Purim and Kimcha D’Pascha before Pessach.
- The Gemach is also authorized to make specific decisions regarding collection of donations for a designated charitable cause.
- Each loan from the Gemach requires a signed guarantee of one guarantor.
- The Gemach will be managed with utmost discretion so as to assure confidentiality.
Questions and requests for loans can be referred to the gemach committee:
Hedva Weiss: 02-624-7996, Hedvaweiss@gmail.com
Avidov Bernstein: 054-221-1555, email@example.com
Sheila Maeir: 02-566-5202, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yaron Charka: 054-4424910, email@example.com